Test Report: IKELITE housing for SONY DSC-120 and DSC-130 cameras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markusde

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am using the IKELITE housing for the Sony DSC-120 and DSC-130 cameras (Amazon.com: Ikelite Underwater Camera Housing for Sony DSC-W120, W130 Digital Still Cameras: Camera & Photo) for a year now and want to give my remarks on that product.

Generally, I am very satisfied with both the housing AND the cameras (I tried both models). The camera models (difference only in number of MP) are both excellent, as I use them for both underwater and surface photography. You can check out my website No Limits Diving Blog | nolimitsdiving.com for some sample pictures.

The DSC-120 or DSC-130 offer good value for money, and the housing is available for about $250 at Amazon (Amazon.com: Ikelite Underwater Camera Housing for Sony DSC-W120, W130 Digital Still Cameras: Camera & Photo).

To the robustness of the housing: It happened to me that the housing fell down to a stone floor from about 4 feet of height. The housing had no flaws at all (it happened about 10 months ago) and is still absolutely waterproof. But the camera inside was damaged (not visibly) but wouldn't switch on again, it had to be repaired, and the service company told me the mainboard was broken.

I have been diving with this housing up to a depth of about 180 feet (60 meters) without any leakage, and I hope to be using this nice piece for many years more.

Markus

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom