Terric and 2 Transmitters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikadoWu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The recent Recall of the Yellow Transmitter by Shearwater got me thinking. I have been using 2 Black Oceanic Transmitters with my Terric. Presently I only have 6 dives on this setup, 1 Transmitting on my main Reg and another on my 40cf Pony.

Anyone have thoughts on if this is a bad setup?

I had 2 grey transmitters on my sidemount setup. I had no problems at all with connectivity.
My dive buddy who dives rebreather tried them and did have issues, possibly because they are very close together on a rebreather, I honestly don't know.
So he buys two yellow and we swap.
Now, although we have no issues we will be swapping out the yellow transmitters on the recall. (Being prudent here).
Not sure if this helps your question but as my 2 grey ones worked initially it would have been easier to leave alone.
Returning anything from the Caribbean is an expensive shipping cost.

Thank you for your input. I did toss this question out to Shearwater. Maybe I will get a reply from them too.

I have been diving two of the same colour for a while now. First with a Perdix AI and now with the Perdix and a Teric. Other than an occasional signal drop that quickly returns i have not had any issues

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom