Terminated on grounds of amputation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There seems to be a discrepancy on the Dive St Kitts website.

"The Crew" Web Page (Dive St. Kitts - SCUBA Diving Packages for a Caribbean Diving Vacation) lists the Boat Captain as Kent Griggs, PADI MSDT 209827. That is not the name PADI has recorded for that Member Number using PADI Pro Check.
That padi number belongs to a guy who used to work at Dive St. Kitts (according to his facebook page) Michael Arsenault. Now he's with Force-E in Florida. Good shop, Force-E. The Dive St. Kitts webmaster probably just screwed the pooch when it was time to update the page.

Michael Arsenault | Facebook

This is the Captain Griggs: Kent Griggs | Facebook

The owner of the hotel is rather impulsive and doesn't think things through by the sounds of him. One minute he was saying I was a great asset to the company, the next i'm worthless, useless and cannot preform. Little does he realize I'm more certified any the dive masters he's trying to get to run his "business". There was a little girl here a few weeks ago and little did i realize she was missing a leg. She came up to me and asked for my story and she said i was an inspiration and she gave me a hug and she said "I have a lot to look forward to" - brought a tear to my eye. I found out after they had left that staff was rude to the family as cleaning everything was an inconvenience to them! I just can't believe people with such a negative outlook work here! My philosophy on the matter is that a disability is a limitation you put on yourself, and if you think you cannot preform, you limit yourself - disabling yourself. I just don't accept when people try and put limitation on me - that's really just a sign of weakness from them!

I took too much mental abuse here as well from the new dive manager (albert cesar williams) and his new instructor (loydd cole). Every day i'd fill tanks to let them eat and enjoy the day (I don't mind working) and every morning I would be called useless and a blodclot. Meanwhile for most of the dives I'd take all the gear off the boat, wash down the boat and clean/put away the gear, while these 2 guys would just leave...

I learned from my brother who was a nurse but any time anyone was self pitying he just showed him his chest scars from his three open heart surgeries and they straightened up.
I would imagine more self respecting people would be impressed with your abilities and not want to look weak in front of you, who aren't letting anything stop you from excelling at your chosen field.
Having said that, I have not heard ANYONE on SCUBA board say it is possible to make a decent living as an instructor, more like how slowly do you starve. But you have as much a right to be a starving instructor as anyone else.

I worked 12 hours a day without any issues and my previous employer fired me because of my amputation even after I had disclosed it and sold everything to come down here...
7ee90ce1ee945cca24747b3791cf42d1.png
Call me, I'd love to talk with you more about this....Jim Elliott Founder and President: Diveheart.org 630-408-1920

Hi jim!
unfortunately I don't have a phone here! I'll message you on your website!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom