Teric feature wish-list - Oct'19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't read really far back. If I am interpreting correctly, you are talking about some kind of anti-theft or theft recovery feature on the Shearwater computers.

My thought was that WHEN you connect it to the Shearwater Cloud app on your mobile device, the app could detect if the computer is reported stolen and the app could send a message to authorities regarding the stolen device and it's current location (since it would have to be within 30 feet or so of your mobile device at that moment and the mobile device would have a GPS built in, as they all do).

If it were lost or stolen and the new "owner" never connected it to the Cloud app to download dives or update firmware, then, of course, you'd never know where it went.

Reactions: Jay
I’ve found the floating compass a cool but unnecessary feature, I use the last box in the standard configuration for compass heading which works better for me unless you are taking square headings (0-90-180-270) dive by the numbers.

For rec diving only....

A simple mode or setting for single gas only diving such that it is quicker way to switch gas on the surface than having to go to "edit gases" and/or turn on and off certain gasses. I have no need to switch gasses during dives but I would like a faster way to quickly set my teric for whatever %O2 my tanks have.

For rec diving only....

A simple mode or setting for single gas only diving such that it is quicker way to switch gas on the surface than having to go to "edit gases" and/or turn on and off certain gasses. I have no need to switch gasses during dives but I would like a faster way to quickly set my teric for whatever %O2 my tanks have.

Thanks - added. (FYI, SW were quite engaged with the issue created when (in Rec) switch Gas is used instead of Edit Gas (and there was another gas left on) - I think they'll come up with something good).

Thanks - added. (FYI, SW were quite engaged with the issue created when (in Rec) switch Gas is used instead of Edit Gas (and there was another gas left on) - I think they'll come up with something good).

I would eliminate the switch gas feature in Rec mode and simplify the edit gas feature in rec mode to have only one gas option which is "on" all the time and for which you can change the numerical value of like on a typical rec dive computer.

Dema Show Teric.png
Hi guys, I saw in Dema Show that SW will be launching New Terics, but base on the description its more on the bezel colors.. I hope they would launch new features and specs.. also Im hoping that they will launch new Perdix AI generations..

Dive alerts / alarms (user definable) - tank pressure, time and depth
Compass: show a reciprocal, and an option to display the two remaining quarters (90deg) marks (also when on Home screen outer-ring).
+

View attachment 546377 Hi guys, I saw in Dema Show that SW will be launching New Terics, but base on the description its more on the bezel colors.. I hope they would launch new features and specs.. also Im hoping that they will launch new Perdix AI generations..

Nice spotting! I'm looking forward to the new straps.

Hopefully they do launch something new. Imagine a Petrel+Teric+GPS in a Perdix-like form, slightly smaller, better use of screen space, dual batteries (if rechargeable) ... ok just dreaming. Wonder what they would price it like.

Nice spotting! I'm looking forward to the new straps.

Hopefully they do launch something new. Imagine a Petrel+Teric+GPS in a Perdix-like form, slightly smaller, better use of screen space, dual batteries (if rechargeable) ... ok just dreaming. Wonder what they would price it like.

I hope they come out with something new.
That way I can upgrade my Petrel 1 to a Perdix AI for cheap, I'm not an early adopter

I'll definitely second the idea of configurable alarms for depth or dive time...would be super useful in some cases...would also like an easier way to switch gasses in OCRec, turning on/off was confusing for a bit, only realized it because I as displaying a crazy MOD for the gas I had set, turned out there were several other gasses turned on but not active.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom