Teric and pairing with transmitter, can it share with Perdix?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fin kicker

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for a back up computer.
I have the Perdix AI, can the transmitter be picked by the Teric, if already paired with the Primary, Perdix?

So, I only need one transmitter to measure gas on both comps.

I have the Perdix AI, can the transmitter be picked by the Teric, if already paired with the Primary, Perdix?

Yes that is correct.

@tridacna gimme a sec!

Fin Kicker, the reason that it works is largely because you used the word "pairing" when it's not actually pairing. Pairing implies 2-way communication between the devices, good example is bluetooth speakers. They receive audio from your phone, but they are also capable of sending signals like play/pause, skip, volume up/down, etc. back to the device. Some computers have true pairing and this was the cause of many if the issues back in the day with dropped signals.
The AUP designed sensors that Shearwater uses are less like bluetooth and more like FM radio. The transmitter is constantly transmitting to anything/everything that is tuned into the right station to listen to it. The new Swift transmitters are still one-way communication but they do listen to see if other transmitters are broadcasting in order to randomize the signal transmitting but they do not "receive" signals from the other devices.

Thanks, understood. I was thinking that computers locked to transmitters to prevent picking up buddies signal if they also AI. Maybe it's changed, since then.

Thanks, understood. I was thinking that computers locked to transmitters to prevent picking up buddies signal if they also AI. Maybe it's changed, since then.
The transmitter sends an ID. The computer only decodes the ID it is set for.

some computers do, but the AUP transmitters and Shearwater computers only have 1-way communication. The amount of unique serials that they have for the pairing codes mean you are pretty much guaranteed to never have an issue of two transmitters with the same ID.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom