Tennessee Dive Locations??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jon_Rhea

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any places in/around Tennessee to dive?? I live in manchester which is roughly in the middle of Nashville and Chatanooga on I24. Thanks Guys/Gals

Jon_Rhea:
Thanks!! Have you been to either one?
You're Welcome. Unfortunately I have not but plan to go to both this summer. I was looking at the map to martha's quarry and it has old pump houses and rock/quarry crushing houses that are still under there. That would be pretty cool for a few dives. When I come up that way I will make sure I post something up here in the deep dixie divers forum so maybe we could hook up for a few dives.

Matt

Yeah, deffinatly post something up. I don't get to dive nearly as much as I would like. A buddy of mine and I are going to Madison AL in a few weeks. They have a pretty nice quarry. Lots of stuff to look at.

I usually dive the philadelphia tennessee quarry. Its I75 exit 68 I think. Closer to Knoxville by just a little bit than LochLowMinn. Its not as fancy but I can take my family with me as well. They snorkel while I dive. Adventure Outdoors in Knoxville to their OW checkouts there.

http://www.marthasquarry.com/directions.php

Here are directions if you head up there someday

Take your best heading to Nashville, TN then .....

Take I-40 east (toward Knoxville) to Exit 232. Go North (toward Gallatin) on Highway 109. After Crossing railroad tracks (approximately 3.5) miles turn left onto Quarry Loop. Then take the first left, at a white fence, onto Quarry Rd. Turn right at gravel drive with a steel, red and white gate, (just before railroad tracks).

Martha's is approx. 30 min. East of Nashville

scubabrandon:
I was at Marthas last month and I will be there this saturday. The crusher house is fun to dive. I enjoyed it

Do they rent gear?? If so, I just may join you, if that's ok. I need a BC, reg. set, tank, and weights.

They rent some gear and the fill tanks, but I would rent from this guy. He teaches out there every weekend. Just email him or call him and he will have you set up when you get there. I know for a fact he will be there all day tomm. (saturday) and 1pm-6pm on Sunday.

www.scubamarcos.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom