Ten Mile Point video frame-grabs.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice. I've dove ten mile a few times, and I've always found it to be an excellent dive.

Can't wait until I get out to the coast again - 3.5 months and counting :sad_2:

Bryan

Those frame-grabs (I think that's what it's called) are very grainy and blurry compared to the actual video. When there's motion, the video looks much sharper. One thing I've noticed about Ten Mile is that I haven't seen any larger sculpins lately (cabezon, Irish Lord). It used to be a great spot for them, but in the past year, I haven't seen any. Hopefully they're just on vacation and will be back soon.

I went again today with Hyperlimits. The vis was the worst I've ever seen there (less than 10 feet). The super-wide angle lens on the video camera makes the vis look better than it was. It was so dark, I had to use the video light just to see where I was going. It didn't help that a bit of rain got in the housing when I sealed it up and it condensed on the dome port underwater.

swankenstein:
I went again today with Hyperlimits. The vis was the worst I've ever seen there (less than 10 feet). The super-wide angle lens on the video camera makes the vis look better than it was. It was so dark, I had to use the video light just to see where I was going. It didn't help that a bit of rain got in the housing when I sealed it up and it condensed on the dome port underwater.

That was the worse viz I've seen at TMP, even with my 10W HID it was terrible.
Maybe I need to get a 24W light.:wink: but again an afternoon diving is always better than work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom