Temp? Viz? Wreck to See?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rob.mwpropane

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Looking to find out what temps are like this time of year? Might do a dive or 2 between now and March... in laws are moving there.

Any idea what it will be in March?

I've never been to the panhandle. I'd like to take my older son to see a wreck, he's never been on a boat dive in the ocean. Is there any recommendations on a wreck that looks like a wreck? Something larger, but small is fine too... I just don't want to take him to see a debris field is all. I see the Oriskany but that's too deep for him (at least I think) to be able to spend a good bit of time on it.

I'm all about doing my research, I just come here on SB 1st... Thanks all!

Just stay up on the tower of the Oriskany. You need not go deep.

Just stay up on the tower of the Oriskany. You need not go deep.

If by some chance I can't make this trip and he can, is there another wreck you would recommend if he wants to jump on a boat by himself? Anything in the ~ 50-70' range would be fine.

I do want to do the Oriskany, but I'd like to do it with him.

If by some chance I can't make this trip and he can, is there another wreck you would recommend if he wants to jump on a boat by himself? Anything in the ~ 50-70' range would be fine.

I do want to do the Oriskany, but I'd like to do it with him.
Honestly, except for the Oriskany, I don't have much experience with the Panhandle. i guess it is not where I'd go for wreck diving.

Honestly, except for the Oriskany, I don't have much experience with the Panhandle. i guess it is not where I'd go for wreck diving.

Not really where I'd go either... I tried to convince them to move to Jupiter or somewhere... I gave them a whole thing about how it's warmer and the water is more clear... I tried anyway.

I was able to get them to go on vacation in Pompano last year, so that was nice at least.

Appreciate your honesty.

Not really where I'd go either... I tried to convince them to move to Jupiter or somewhere... I gave them a whole thing about how it's warmer and the water is more clear... I tried anyway.

I was able to get them to go on vacation in Pompano last year, so that was nice at least.

Appreciate your honesty.

Any current recommendations for dive operators/boats that go out to the Oriskany?
I can't help. I haven't been there in years. Sorry.

Panama City, we have plenty of wrecks! My favorite is probably the Black Bart. I highly recommend this resource as it will list out majority of the sites in the panhandle with in-depth guides Book for Wrecks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom