Tell me where to dive on my next cruise!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

noj3333

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My wife and I will be going on a cruise in the beginning of February 2016. We'll be leaving from San Juan PR on February 2nd. We're both new divers, we've only done 6 dives each so we're not looking for the most extreme location, just good solid dives. We'll be in San Juan on the 1st and 2nd, with the cruise leaving late on the 2nd.
From there we'll be going to:
-St. Croix
-St. Maarten
-Dominica
-Grenada
-Bonaire
-Aruba
-Curaco

Right now our plan is to dive in St. Croix and Bonaire. In St. Croix we'll be going with Unlimited Blue Water Adventures and doing a 2 tank boat dive. In Bonaire we'll do shore dives and use Dive Friends for the equipment we need.

Am I missing a 'must dive' location? Any tips from experienced divers?

Bas Harts in Curacao. Dive Aruba in Aruba.
Both good ops and would use again

Bonaire, cos you can meet me!!!!!! :) Seriously though, I have not dived the other islands, but Bonaire for me is such easy and beautiful diving!

Dominica is definitely worth diving. The island is essentially the top of an undersea mountain; the terrain underwater is pretty steep, so in some places it's almost like a wall dive. The deep water is not far from the island, so there's an increased likelihood you'll see some of the bigger critters that favor deeper water.

I've had some good dives at St Maarten also (haven't been to the other islands on your list), decent reefs, friendly sharks, not far from the marina right next to the cruise ship dock in Phillipsburg. If you want to dive St Maarten, I recommend Scuba Fun; good operation and a short walk up the pier from your ship.

Unless you are going for a spice tour, diving in Grenada is fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom