Tell me if this is the attitude on things.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wait till you see the new NEX it looks like a huge mall.I was amazed.

Jen:)

Lawman once bubbled...
:doctor: Even I was in tanks, 1st of the 33d Armor , 3d AD in Germany! Where did all these tankers come from??

Among other places. He's no longer active duty, in the Guard now. Also was stationed in Mannheim and Ft. Carson. HUA

Jackal once bubbled...
me too! Armoured Corps, Australian Army. 2 Cav, B Sqn 3/4 Cav. I guess Scuba is just a different type of TANK (s)
:getsome:

I have got to get him on line!!

Bob3 once bubbled...

Geez! You should be able to nab a decent wetsuit online for that, what flavor do you have in mind?

2 piece 7mm. No kidding, the LDS is hundreds more than on line and because it is hyperstretch, I really don't have to be too worried about fit (I could try one on at the LDS too - shhhh)

I have four to buy for also. I was going to buy at the LDS but when I found the Regulator I wanted for $300 on the internet and the LDS wanted $650. I decided to go with the $300 and the savings X4 I saved 1400 on that one item. And they are in fine working order and yes they are new.

But I do understand your concern when you said,

"PS I a little insane but do kinda know if you need it to breath go local.lol"

I felt the same way but the LDS will still charge labor for warranty work and parts are only about $20 dollars. So I figured I could buy a lot of parts for $1400.

:rolleyes:
I have bought diving stuff over the net and from my 2 favorite LDSs. I only buy small items over the net or things where I know exactly what I'm getting. It is cheaper but watch the shipping costs. For regs, etc. I'd go to the LDS. They charge more, but they will sometimes throw in free checks and service. Also, they are more likely to honor warranties, etc.
For kids you can save quite a few $$$s over the net buying used fins, etc. Just know your sizes and KNOW THE SHIPPING COSTS ahead of time. Especially if using e-bay.

I got certified and bought my basic equipment someplace else.
From my experience they only recommend what they sell and bad mouth what they don't. When Apollo what the only split fin I was getting certified and wanted them. My dive shop didn't carry them and proceded to tell me everything wrong with split fins and Apollo. When the date showed up I was wearing my Apollos and my Buechat Mask and so was my daughter. They ask me wear I had gotten everything and were noticably upset. Last time I was in there they were carring Scubpro split fins and pushing them on everyone at $180 a pop.
Now that I am shopping for a Reg, Suit , BC I am getting the same attitude again and walked out of one store when I asked if they carried Atomic Regs and they proceeded to tell me everything wrong with them and same thing with Xcel and Henderson wetsuits.
When I went to Bose to by my speakers the sales person after talking to me for about an hour sent me to another store and recommended another brand of speakers for my needs. He gave up an $8000 sale but I am very happy with my B&W speakers and Rel subwoofer. Now that is an honest helpful salesperson he sold me more on the competitors speakers than the saleman who got the commision.

Back
Top Bottom