Tell me if I'm nuts.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Most of the steel tank that have catastrophically failed were the result of rust under the boot forming a stress line completely around the tank or a level of water in the tank that did the same thing. A small area of pits like in the photo could eventually develop into a leak but I doubt it would cause a catastrophic failure. Yes, I think you killed a perfectly good tank.
Visual inspections is subjective thing and it really depends on the person doing it. Sort of like one man's junk is another's treasure.

... you killed a perfectly good tank...
I feel like a murderer.
The thing is it was so easy, I just put the plasma cutter up to the side and pulled the trigger.

I might make a practical joke tank out of it.
I'm going to stick the boot back on and then take it to the dive shop for a fill.
When they stick it in the water and charge the air they will have quite a jacuzzi!

It does have a great ring to it as a bell.

Dang! I would have traded you a nicely pitted tank for that one!

I've got six: twin PSTs, twin Norrises, a Walter Kidde and one more PST. I rarely use the WK because of its weird buoyancy.

OK Brendon, I guess you want me to put it on Paladins thread I just read, that wants names of shops that are harmful to vintage diving. Should I single out and say only take it to discount divers and have john work on it.

What harry did was tumble, hydro, and vip the tank then ruined the threads, and charged me. He knows he lost money in four years I never been there buying.

But other vintage divers in the area need to know how he deals with something unfamiliar that is not his, so not to loose it and break his neck.

ZKY that plasma was not a smooth cut, a cold cut saw is clean and cheap, the blade last a long time.

Happy Diving

OK Brendon, I guess you want me to put it on Paladins thread I just read, that wants names of shops that are harmful to vintage diving. Should I single out and say only take it to discount divers and have john work on it.

What harry did was tumble, hydro, and vip the tank then ruined the threads, and charged me. He knows he lost money in four years I never been there buying.

But other vintage divers in the area need to know how he deals with something unfamiliar that is not his, so not to loose it and break his neck.

ZKY that plasma was not a smooth cut, a cold cut saw is clean and cheap, the blade last a long time.

Happy Diving

What you said was a very broad statement. My impression from it was stay away Lighthouse. If he doesnt know vintage gear,(which he does not) then simply state that. Just because its in this forum, doesnt mean non-vintage divers wont get the impression that lighthouse is a bad place to do business.

GOTCHA NOW BRENDON!! I have seen the post you have made, you were from this area you say. You are 100% wrong and you are a liar. Harry is a very knowledgeable vintage diver, Harry sells vintage gear, and has been diving for about 50 years or more, I still consider harry a friend, just when friends decide when one has money they need to profit is when i just walk away.

Harry dove the Governor and one of the first, I even think he had salvage rights about a vintage ago. In fact harry dove helium back then before it had classes on how.

Brendon you don't know Harry truitt at all, just give it up.

While out spearfishing today harry sent me a scubafest invitation on my blackberry.

Happy Diving

You make no sense.. You contradict your own statements... Get off the voodoo gas man its going to your head. I will be in Seattle in November, please do feel free to come see me when I visit the Lynnwood store. I would love for you to call me a liar to my face. I eat confrontation for breakfast.. I've been known to consume more then my fair share of spear fishermen who thought they were bad asse's..

You got it ZKY, Now that ling is over I will now open up the tank cleaning shop to see how bad this 72 that I have is, and see what pitting has taken place, a tiny camera would be nice to show but I do not have one at this time so it will be a verbal one.

Back
Top Bottom