Telehealth COVID Tests

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DawgDiver217

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Now that an antigen test is acceptable for entry to Bonaire if taken within 24 hours of departure, has anyone used a home test that is video monitored through telehealth, such as the BinaxNOW Home Test through E-med? My family will be traveling to Bonaire on Christmas day, and we are struggling to find somewhere that we can get a NAAT test on the 23rd and have it back in time or an antigen test on the 24th.

Now that an antigen test is acceptable for entry to Bonaire if taken within 24 hours of departure, has anyone used a home test that is video monitored through telehealth, such as the BinaxNOW Home Test through E-med? My family will be traveling to Bonaire on Christmas day, and we are struggling to find somewhere that we can get a NAAT test on the 23rd and have it back in time or an antigen test on the 24th.
The telehealth monitored at-home test is NOT acceptable for entry to Bonaire.
If you are traveling on the 25th, the entry test must be on the 24th if antigen or 23rd if NAAT, as you know.

The Abbott Labs ID NOW NAAT test on the 23rd or will work fine.
Where are you located? Do you have a Walgreens near you?

@DawgDiver217 if you're in the Atlanta area, Viral Solutions--a drive-through test site--had my PCR test back in about 24 hours. But tursiops's advice to get the ID NOW test from a Walgreens is better. I would have used Walgreens, but I couldn't find a time slot on their website.

The telehealth monitored at-home test is NOT acceptable for entry to Bonaire.
If you are traveling on the 25th, the entry test must be on the 24th if antigen or 23rd if NAAT, as you know.

The Abbott Labs ID NOW NAAT test on the 23rd or will work fine.
Where are you located? Do you have a Walgreens near you?
Are you certain about this? And now that antigen tests are currently acceptable to Bonaire there should be many testing options available to most everyone in the states since antigen tests are POC tests and readily accessable at many locations including Urgent Cares and Pharmacies.

I trust your knowledge but may use your link to confirm the type of paperwork that is acceptable since we do POC antigen tests but the documentation is a simple unofficial looking page that we generated in office and give the patient. It does have the office name and contact info. And of course signed. It might be worthwhile to ask what requirements they have for the documentation since we do travel testing.

I trust your knowledge but may use your link to confirm the type of paperwork that is acceptable since we do POC antigen tests but the documentation is a simple unofficial looking page that we generated in office and give the patient. It does have the office name and contact info. And of course signed. It might be worthwhile to ask what requirements they have for the documentation since we do travel testing.
And I trust your experience and skepticism. I've been trying in the Bonaire Covid threads to apply none of my own judgements and assumptions (unless clearly so indicated) but simply to assimilate and clarify official information. I also follow the Bonaire Covid pages on Facebook which are moderated and fairly solid. Many of the questions there are of the "how do I cheat and get around the ridiculous Bonaire rules?" variety, and those are dealt with pretty promptly and directly. I met the lady doing the moderation (she's a local working for Delta at the airport) and introduced myself and we exchanged a proper socially-distanced Bonairian hug.

Not to hijack the thread, we just returned from Costa Rica and used the proctored Binax test for our re-entry to the US. Quick and easy, and the results were accepted without a hitch. As all have said, make sure you get the right one—Delta’s website, and I think others, links to the site to order them. I did have a browser lockup right after I got the box open—logged back in and their system showed the problem and continued on.

There is some Facebook traffic saying that the IDNOW test is not acceptable for the 48 hour PCR test. Can someone prove or disprove this by actual recent experience?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom