Tek instructors in Melbourne, Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robcap

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
So, I am moving from "around the world" to Melbourne.
Does anybody know the tek diving scene there?
I am a rec scuba instructor, nitrox instructor, SCR instructor.
It's time to go tek now. Step by step, with no hurry.
Who would you recommend?
Any suggestion in welcome.
Thank you
ciao

Rob, I dive with aquatic adventures in Glen Iris (google).

Not ready to go to tech yet, but I know they have a tech school, TDI courses, etc. Something I will definetely consider once I am more experienced.

Try asking this question on diveoz.com.au

I would suggest looking at getting in touch with Mark Ryan from Aquability in Mentone. He is a TDI tech instructor up to adv trimix.

He is heavily involved in marine archeology and is a member of Southern Ocean Explorers who locate and dive wrecks around Victoria.

Check out:

Southern Ocean Exploration - Home Page

thank you!
Reached Melbourne finally, and today I got my long term visa.
Next step is finding a place to stay, then I will start checking the diving scene ...
ciao

not sure where you will be staying, but aquability is about 20 - 30 mins max out of the CBD even closer if your staying somewhere like St Kilda. Go to Aquability Australia Scuba Diving Training Centre for their contact details.

It's easy to located as well. You just go up St kilda Rd, which turns in the Neapean Hwy and stay on that.

Hope you enjoy Melbourne, I think you'll love it! PM if you want any info on good places to stay, eat out etc.

Cheers

Alex

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom