Tek 3 hose routing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr. Dooley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Finally got everything for my first set of doubles - Faber HP 100s, BW/W, Tek 3's, etc. Now I just gotta replace the DGX bolts I received with the doubles hardware (too long), and this thing is ready to dive.

I trained on Tek 3s originally when getting AN/DP certified back in December - but I haven't used doubles before or since. I don't remember exactly how my instructor did the hose routing, but I recall the 1st stages themselves were angled and at least some of the hoses crossed. When I went to my LDS I was shown an arrangement without crossing hoses with the 1st stages level. I've reached out to my original instructor for guidance but out of curiosity I wanted to see if anyone here uses the Tek 3s, and if so, how they route their hoses. Not a ton of detailed info on this online that I've found.

For what it's worth I'm diving with a dual bladder wing, so using two inflator hoses. 7' primary hose, short 22" octo on a bungee.

Hi tek3s are very tricky! Ive set them up with caps in and caps out!
ill let you know im no expert and been diving just a year on the tek 3s

i prefer caps out. Tek3 labeled right is on your left post etc. Why? I like my head to touch the isolator on trim. Making more room if the stages were caps out.

right post - inflator hose. Use the port thats closer to the tank. Front to back that would be the back, from center of isolator to side that would be the one closer to center.

right post - long hose. Use the port thats farthest from post and forward. i make the wing go in between that

left post - hp hose… if you notice its located near the isolator . Doesnt matter.
backup. Could be any. But i use the outer mist. Away from the isolator. It crosses behind the hp hose. I use a 24in hose. Perfect

left photo should be on the left post right photo right post

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 106
Personally, I would use braided inflator hoses for the Apeks Tek 3. First stages don’t need to be angled when routing hoses to the wing—rubber for all the other hoses, and SPG on the left stage. The right stage: primary long hose and back up inflator hose—option of routing the inflator hose QR straight down to the right inflator. The left stage: back up regulator short hose and inflator hose—options of routing the inflator hose QR straight down to the left inflator. Use one or two bands to keep the hoses streamlined to the inflator hoses. You can bypass the routing of the inflator hose under the appendage attached to the wing—if this option provides for smoother routing and no kinks. Drysuit gas: open to discussions...

Over a considerable period of time I have used three brands of hoses: Scubapro, Hollis, and DGX. The downside for Scubapro hoses is that a spline spanner is required to remove the hose from the primary regulator, and the inflator hose QR is difficult to connect and reconnect (a few drops of sewing machine oil); otherwise, the longevity of the hoses is authentic. The rubber hoses supplied by Hollis are easier to connect and disconnect. DGX’s braided inflator hoses (my personal choice for longevity) route and disconnect perfectly.

left photo should be on the left post right photo right post
i have dived this configuration yesterday. and found out the best for this is have the backup necklaced hose to go down UNDER the corrugated hose... very clean.

did the same with DS4 doubles.

but use a 24 in hose.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom