Suggestion Teen forum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Sideband

Sideband

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A while back I saw something mentioned about the possibility of a forum just for teens, or something like that. Is this maybe something that will happen in the near future? I recently met a guy that has a 13 year old son and they both just got their OW certs.. I pointed him here and thought that such a forum could be neat for his son. I somewhat remember a discussion about the wisdom of letting a 13 yo give advice to another 13 yo about something like diving but it could be set up as something other than a "How To" type of forum. I can see some of the pitfalls here and was just wondering if any more thought had been given to it. In general, the board is pretty child friendly anyway, but I would have found something like that cool when I was a teen...If the internet had existed then... :wink:

Joe

ScubaTexan:
It's in the Scubaboard Clubs section. It's called Scubaducks and Teens.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=168

Oops. Ok. Now I feel silly. :wink:
I really did look before I asked but I did not see that. Thanks.

Mental note to self: Detective work is probably not a good career choice.
Thanks again

Joe

The link takes me to what would be the page if I had access (which I don't particularly need or want) but I still do not see it listed on the Clubs page. The only club that even starts with an "S" (that I can see) is the Scuba Singles club. I did a 'find on page' and neither 'scubaducks' or 'teens' is there.
Any ideas?

Joe

It's right at the bottom of the Clubs listing - underneath Zen divers.

Kim:
It's right at the bottom of the Clubs listing - underneath Zen divers.

I attached a screenshot. There is nothing under the ZEN Divers. Like I said, I did a text search and those words do not appear on the page as it is shown on my screen. strange...

Joe

I don't see it either, not that I need to but it's not just you...

Good, now we can tell those darned kids to go to the kiddie table!!

...what do you mean I'm a kid??

The Teen forum is hidden from the general membership. We do not want to encourage sickos on our board. Proof that you are a kid will get you in... just contact any supervisor. Our Mods see every forum on our board, and sometimes don't realise when one is not as obvious to the general user group. :D

Back
Top Bottom