Tecline vs dive rite regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I’ve recently become a Divemaster and figured it’s time to finish my kit by buying my own reg. My prerequisites for a reg are a membrane design, 5 Lp ports with a swivel turret and a reg able to withstand colder water( water that goes down to 4° celcius). I want to have a reg which supports my single tank setup and possibly my sidemount setup, that’s why I want my reg to be flexible.

Now I’m torn between 2 options and I was wondering what yoy guys think

1: Tecline R2/Tec2
2: Dive Rite XT/XT2

I know Tecline is basically a copy of Apeks: is that a bad thing? They can serviced locally and in Indonesia(where I do most of my diving), whilst I also think they’ve been growing consistently. My instructor recommends against them, but I was curious about your opinions.

Dive Rite seems solid but I simply like the Tecline design better (I think this had clouded my judgement). Apart from that I don’t see a lot of inherent differences between the two regulator designs, except for the fact that the Tecline comes with a heat exchanger.

What would you guys choose and why? The difference in pricing is about 100 euro’s( Tecline being the cheaper option). This is not a big deal at all!

I have a price limit of about 700 euros, is this realistic? Are there better options out there? Thanks for the help beforehand!

I am a big fan of Dive Rite regs. They are simple, easy to rebuild, parts are available, and I have had them below 600' without issue. I have never had a failure on a Dive Rite other than IP creep, but to be honest that was due to me not servicing them soon enough. They can be used with or without the cold water kit depending on your environment.

I've never bought a new reg ridiculous idea just bought two tecline plates
Support Europe mate the Poles mate, they had a really tough last century
The Commies took their souls, you can help give their souls back to them

I am a big fan of Dive Rite regs. They are simple, easy to rebuild, parts are available, and I have had them below 600' without issue. I have never had a failure on a Dive Rite other than IP creep, but to be honest that was due to me not servicing them soon enough. They can be used with or without the cold water kit depending on your environment
Thanks for the concise feedback!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom