Tech skin - no holes cut??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveJedi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Good Day Fusion Users...A question has been raised concerning tech skins being sent out without holes cut in them. We would like to inform you that this is on purpose. Our sincerest apologies for this.

The reason the valve hole is not cut - is that we have no idea when a dive store orders a tech skin whether they have the exhaust on the bicep or the forearm. Cutting a hole is easier than it is to trim a latex seal, so we felt the cosumer (or dive store) would rather do it themselves than have a hole in the wrong place.

We are working on a quick video on how to do it yourself. Until then...

On the tech skin there is a screening of where the exhaust hole should be. Simply cut a circular hole inside the grey screened line roughly an inch in diameter. Stretch the skin around the valve pad on your drycore - once your skin is on - screw the exhaust valve in place.

Done.

Hope that helps!

Thanks again,

Tyler

I have a suspicion that I've done this wrong, because I think my suit may be leaking slightly around the valves.

Does the plastic washer go under the drycore, or between the drycore and tech skin?

The white plastic washer goes on the inside of the suit...Check out this video...

Installing Fusion Exhaust valve

I have not had a chance to load the one cutting holes....But I am back in the office on Tues. I'll be sure to upload it then.

Cheers,
Tyler

Yeah, I had the washer in the right place, but I didn't tuck the tech skin under the rubber lip thingy, so it was leaking a little.

Good Day Fusion Users...A question has been raised concerning tech skins being sent out without holes cut in them. We would like to inform you that this is on purpose. Our sincerest apologies for this.

The reason the valve hole is not cut - is that we have no idea when a dive store orders a tech skin whether they have the exhaust on the bicep or the forearm. Cutting a hole is easier than it is to trim a latex seal, so we felt the cosumer (or dive store) would rather do it themselves than have a hole in the wrong place.

We are working on a quick video on how to do it yourself. Until then...

On the tech skin there is a screening of where the exhaust hole should be. Simply cut a circular hole inside the grey screened line roughly an inch in diameter. Stretch the skin around the valve pad on your drycore - once your skin is on - screw the exhaust valve in place.

Done.

Hope that helps!

Thanks again,

Tyler

OK .. can understand the response regarding auto dump hole, but why was there no hole punched for the inflate valve ? .... position of this is surely common, surprised hole is not punched at least in that ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom