Tech BC help...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

docmojo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Deep Outdoors back bladder BC. It has two pockets on each side of the tank in the rear. This is my first back bladder type BC and have heard they kind of cause you to lean to the front. I was wondering if using more weight in the rear would help. maybe a 60 / 40 back to front split.
Thanks in advance for any help...

Thats how its done. I don't know the ratio.. that depends on alot of variables but your on the right track.

Have fun...

Waynne Fowler

docmojo:
This is my first back bladder type BC and have heard they kind of cause you to lean to the front.

Oh no, not again...

They really don't plant your face. Just don't inflate the bladder all the way at the surface, lean back a bit, and use a crotch strap. I honestly never noticed much of a difference at the surface when I switched to back-inflate. They're a big improvement below the surface, though.

Put as much in the back trim pockets as they are designed to hold. Whatever else you need goes in the front pockets or on a weight belt.

This works for most.

Happy diving,

theskull

Thanks to those who responded with some answers..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom