Tec2g battery replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leabre

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
How difficult should it be to open the plastic cover to replace a battery for the Tec2g? I tried and could not, then I took it to two dive shops and even with the proper tools they could not, it's sealed too tight for them and the plastic clearly shows best-effort attempts. So I have to send it back to the factory and be without a computer for some period of time since my Xen hasn't arrived yet.

Is there a trick to it that I'm missing?

Very strange. Maybe the threads are damaged. I can take mine out with a quarter.

I have a spare unit with gauge mode you can borrow if you want.

Hey Marc, I was about to take you up on the offer but then I received a phone call, I have a Xen demo unit on the way for arrival within the hour to hold me over until mine arrives next week. Thanks for the offer. I really like my Tec2g, I wonder how it'll fare against the Xen ?

I had trouble removing the battery compartment cover AND putting it back on. Was quite surprised by that as I have bno such problems with my primary computer (DR Nitek Duo). The Tec 2G did seal even thought I was concerned it might not have.

Back
Top Bottom