Tear just above right shoulder - repairable?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrjones

Registered
Reaction score
I've been diving with my Ranger for a few years now and it's been great! After joining my girlfriend's Basic OW dives over the weekend, I've noticed that there's a tear just above my right shoulder. I'll get pics when I get a chance, but here's a photoshopped example (not very good...):

2rz6zih.jpg

Basically, it's tearing at the seam and is about 2 inches along the seam.

Is this something that I can get "repaired" by some sewing, or do I just need to get a new bladder? I'm assuming this isn't covered under warranty or anything since it's "normal wear & tear."

Thanks!

ETA: Would it be a problem to dive with this tear? We have one more dive as part of her OW class and it's this coming weekend. If it would be covered under warranty (or even if I had to purchase a new one), I doubt I could get a turnaround by Friday.

Zeagles warrantee is ridiculously good. Send it in. Even if the damage was from abuse, odds are they'll fix it and apologize that it ever tore.

Hahahahaha...yeah...that is a great reputation to have from a consumer stand point...

:wink:

Seriously, just send it in and let us have a look at it. If we can fix it, we will....

:14:

Hahahahaha...yeah...that is a great reputation to have from a consumer stand point...

Seriously, just send it in and let us have a look at it. If we can fix it, we will....

:14:

I only say it because it's true. I ripped off a waist D-ring by running the tag line (from the boat) thru it because hanging on to it in high seas was hurting my shoulder. After about a half dozen jerks on the line (plus the one wearing the BC) the D-ring tore off.
I called Zeagle the next day. Told the whole story. Admitted it was my fault and offered to pay for the repair. I was told: "It shouldn't have come off. Send it in . We'll fix it."

Oh, I know....

The best thing is when we run into people at various shows, dive sites, or whatever and they say, "Man, I sent my old, beat up BC back to you guys to see if anything could be done to it - and you made it like new!!! Heck, I was ready to buy a new Zeagle BC, but now I don't have to!"

:surrender:

I am with you guys...love Zeagle...love the warranty...love the guys(thx fellas). They will help ya if they can and all they want in return is for you to spread the word....Zeagle rules!!!!!!

I agree 100%. When I dove my Brigade (still got it but diving doubles) I pulled one of the zipper tabs off and broke the zipper. I think most of this was due to the fact that we were doing an ice dive and it got brittle from the cold. Figured it was going to cost me for repairs, nope.
I think the only thing that I have paid for were the quick releases last year on an old Ranger. Of course this was an elected replacement. They weren't broke but wouldn't mate up with my Brigade. It was worth the money anyway.

I have a 911 that I kept loose hard weights in for a week and they chafed the pockets. Zeagle replaced the weight pockets with no questions asked. For my two cents' worth, Zeagle has the best warranty in the industry and they're the easiest to work with.

Back
Top Bottom