TDAP 10 year booster overdue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There was a study published recently that showed how different vaccines decline in effectiveness over time. Interestingly, some vaccines decline in effectiveness quite rapidly (flu shot), while others remain effective much longer. The take away from the study was, 1) we don't really understand why the longevity of some vaccines is better than others and, 2) the efficacy of many vaccines may not be as good as we think they are over time. Get the shot. Call me, I'll "talk you down".:p

The dentist shamed most offices out of the lollipop. About the best you can do these days are stickers. Kids seems to love them. You might ask for The Little Mermaid. Or maybe Finding Nemo stickers! :wink:

The dentist.......I need to start another thread about that one so I can rally more support. :D I had a traumatizing root canal at 4. Maybe the secret is Finding Nemo stickers as you say! Hmmm, I’ll have to get Mr. OOO on it. Thanks for the idea :)

One more push for you to get it done.

If you are afraid of shots, you should be terrified of getting tetanus. It's not a minor thing. And yes, I have seen someone die from tetanus despite getting very good medical care in an ICU.

There is no cure if you get tetanus. You get very, very sick and sometimes you live and sometimes you die.

Are you on your way to get your shot yet?

I stepped on a rusty staple this spring. Hadn't had my booster in more than 10 years. Ya, I was a little worried but got the shot that day. My arm was then swollen, sore and hot for a couple of days and then as always, I forgot about it.

But @RyanT brought up something to think about AND check on.

A number of years ago, a bunch of us had the TwinRix for Hep A&B. Within a year, none of us were protected for B, if we ever had been.

It was a mere coincidence that we'd had our shots in a similar time frame. I can no longer recall why the first person had checked his immunity but he spread the word and we each went to our doctors, said we wanted to be checked and son of a gun!

So, ya then I had to have another one or two Hep B shots, can't recall.

I suppose I should have my immunity checked yet again.

Just something for you all to think about too.

One more push for you to get it done.

If you are afraid of shots, you should be terrified of getting tetanus. It's not a minor thing. And yes, I have seen someone die from tetanus despite getting very good medical care in an ICU.

There is no cure if you get tetanus. You get very, very sick and sometimes you live and sometimes you die.

Are you on your way to get your shot yet?

There’s a Chinese proverb that goes something like you don’t cry until you see your own casket. Sold. :wink:

I don't want to know what lollipop you're sucking on if it's a male nurse :outtahere:

:rofl3: well no one said anything about a male nurse....that changes things. :popcorn:

Update...

I called my doctor’s office and they wanted me to do it with an appointment. I told them I was leaving next week and asked if there were any available with such short notice. She said no, so I asked her to check with the nurse how hunky dory it would be to go to remote Indonesia without having had a booster. I figured I could run to a pharmacy if they didn’t like the idea and there were no appointments available. The nurse called back within 10 minutes and offered me a choice of days and times as requested for next week.

Perfect!

So who is going to be on the phone with me to hear me ugly cry and get live updates on a potential male nurse and lollipop? :popcorn:

Thanks, everyone. I will come back to whimper on Monday when the deed is done.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom