TDA, instructors?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

plonske

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Is it true or false, that in the future if you want to work in the Thai dive industry,( teaching new divers) and apply for a workpermit will needed a TDA instructors certification?

PLonske,

Diver_City Boys at least padi wouldn't let that happen.

Umm PADI just like SSI BSAC CMAS TDI have in their standards that you have to work according to local law and regulations.

TDA Thai Diving Association is backed by the government, Padi may be big but cannot do any thing more than complain in this case. To answear the OPS original question ...Not Yet.

TDA does not have any instructors or anything.

TDA has been existing for some time now, but has been quite active since last year, when there was talk on Phuket about new regulations for the diving industry, implemented by the governor. The old DOCT on Phuket was not active anymore, so there was a big gap, and TDA jumped in it. They did manage to get the rules postponed because they were not according to Thai law.

I like what they did then, but TDA also represents the interests of the CMAS DC's, and the 'independent part of TDA' does not look very independent. So for me, that means I am not a member at the moment.

In their last email they did mention though that the TDA members might be helped by the Thai government regarding work permits. No idea what is happening with that, and if that is going to be implemented. If it does, that could be a big boost for the TDA membership.

Maybe i am!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom