Taxonomic keywords for Adobe LightRoom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jands@It should be there, at least Bivalvia and Cephalopoda, since I used it in my taggings, checking now...
Are you sure you have downloaded the latest version of file?
As you can see Mollusca is here, but indeed, there is no bivalvia. Can you plase mention particular specie you are looking for and I will check why it isnt in the list
MLTK.jpg

P.S. Ok, I've found the reason the Bivalvia isnt there. It looks like Bivalvia reported to the Catalogue of Life from ITIS database, which I skip when importing for one simple reason. They report Bivalviae, all of them, and I'm trying to import only marine species for one simple reason: LR cannot handle large amount of data. So, at this stage it cant be done, but I can create keywords list only for Bivalvia (all of them, not only marine) and you can use this list and pray your LR will not crash. or we just sit and wait when Catalogue of the Seas will be released in October (PLoS ONE Collections | Census of Marine Life)

I have tried 3x to import into LR 3 and each time it crashes LR.
Mac 10.5
Bill
Please download the latest version of file here Taxonomic tree for keywording in Adobe Lightroom
Read the note at the bottom of the page, I'm not sure it will solve your problem on Mac since I cannot verify the change. Please report if the issue is solved, otherwise I will try another approach.

Didn't help; after a 10 minute import, LR quit again.
Thanks for trying, I would really like to use this. If you have other iterations, I will be happy to try them.
Bill

Didn't help; after a 10 minute import, LR quit again.
Thanks for trying, I would really like to use this. If you have other iterations, I will be happy to try them.
Bill
Ok, lets try this. Please download following file: http://www.marine-life-photos.com/Data/4MacOS.zip
It is an empty catalog with keywords imported into it. Try to open this catalog in your LR3. Once you have succeeded, try to export keywords and then reimport it into your catalog. If you fail to reimport I guess there is not much to do except contacting Adobe technical support.

jands@It should be there, at least Bivalvia and Cephalopoda, since I used it in my taggings, checking now...
Are you sure you have downloaded the latest version of file?

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I double checked, and cannot find the listings for Nudibranchs and sea slugs

I believe that should be:

Gastropoda
------------- Heterobranchia
-------------------------------Opisthobranchia

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

I double checked, and cannot find the listings for Nudibranchs and sea slugs

I believe that should be:

Gastropoda
------------- Heterobranchia
-------------------------------Opisthobranchia
You are right, the problem is that ITIS database is organized in such a way that it is impossible to distinguish marine gastropods from all others. So there is two possibilities: a) omit all gastropods b) add ALL gastropods. I chose the first one. Specially for you I can provide you with keywords list which includes all gastropods, or create the separated one, just for gastropods.
The last (and most favorable) option is to wait for OBIS to provide me with access to their database, then it will be really PERFECT list of marine life species. However, they are not too collaborative, so there nothing to do except to sit and wait for outcome.
Lemme know if and how you want your gastropods :)

Thank you for the great effort Kreuzerkrieg, I just downloaded your list. Did anyone figure out how to create a list with only marine Gastropods?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom