Taxi v. Bus from Cancun to Playa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Updated info on my guy. Offer 600 pesos if you got pesos. He will probably take it. He doesn't seem to move with the change in the exchange rate. And it is Hileman, but Chief or Jefe will do with Jhonny.
If you have Whatsapp, it is very easy to get him that way.

@Dave Dillehay was drunk on margs when I told him my full name.....

:drunks:

We like the bus. A cab, last time I checked was $80, but it may be less with the exchange rate now. A van, unless you get one for just your group will usually wait until it is full, so there is a built in wait anyway. Once it is full, you will have multiple stops at the resorts as everyone is dropped off. The bus makes one stop before Playa and if around $10. The wait is usually brief, and it's a good time to have a beer and look forward to your vacation. For the money, you can't beat the bus. They are new busses with A/c and are a comfortable as any modern bus is. By the way, there are seat numbers on your ticket....don't ask me how I know.

The bus station is one short block away from the ferry dock. If you can carry your gear through an airport...it's no worse than that. There is a website that has a guide on how do do it with pictures if you google it, just found this you tube video that is accurate as well.

Safe travels,
Jay

Reactions: reo
We like the bus. A cab, last time I checked was $80, but it may be less with the exchange rate now. A van, unless you get one for just your group will usually wait until it is full, so there is a built in wait anyway. Once it is full, you will have multiple stops at the resorts as everyone is dropped off. The bus makes one stop before Playa and if around $10. The wait is usually brief, and it's a good time to have a beer and look forward to your vacation. For the money, you can't beat the bus. They are new busses with A/c and are a comfortable as any modern bus is. By the way, there are seat numbers on your ticket....don't ask me how I know.

The bus station is one short block away from the ferry dock. If you can carry your gear through an airport...it's no worse than that. There is a website that has a guide on how do do it with pictures if you google it, just found this you tube video that is accurate as well.

Safe travels,
Jay

Just try to do your toileting before getting on the bus, and avoid the restroom on the bus. They're usually beyond ripe.

Definitely don't do the taxi. They charge mafia, I mean syndicate rates!!!

With 4 people the van is a no brainer. Stop for beer on the way to the ferry. Airplane air is dry and you need to hydrate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom