Tax-deductible Dive Expedition, Utila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MAsharkDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm putting together an educational trip to Utila, Hondouras for April 2006 to study whale sharks. Participants will be able to assist with collection & collation of DNA, data as well as dive with whale sharks, plus attend presentations by the scientists.

This trip is being run through Underwater Education & Training Center of New England (UETC) (www.underwatereducation.org) and participants will, if they attend the presentations, be able to deduct the entire cost of this trip from their taxes (except for food expenses) as a donation to the organization. We are a non-profit, 501(c)(3) educational organization.

If you are interested, contact: pmarck@underwatereducation.org

Pete

Now this sounds exciting. I sent you an email requesting more information. If you don't get it please PM me.

MAsharkDiver:
I'm putting together an educational trip to Utila, Hondouras for April 2006 to study whale sharks. Participants will be able to assist with collection & collation of DNA, data as well as dive with whale sharks, plus attend presentations by the scientists.

This trip is being run through Underwater Education & Training Center of New England (UETC) (www.underwatereducation.org) and participants will, if they attend the presentations, be able to deduct the entire cost of this trip from their taxes (except for food expenses) as a donation to the organization. We are a non-profit, 501(c)(3) educational organization.

If you are interested, contact: pmarck@underwatereducation.org

Pete

Hummm
Interesting
Tell me more

Sounds right up my alley.

2 questions:

1) As a microbiologist, could I be of some use? (My GF is a biochemist and I am sure would also be interested)

2) Is the tax deduction also applicable in Canada

A.

Back
Top Bottom