Tanks with two psi stamps.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe the 5000 is "test pressure" (T.P.), aka hydro pressure.
Fill (or Working) pressure is 3000 (W.P.)

Hydros are typically run at 5/3 of rated fill presssure.

Merry Christmas,
Bryan

PS. I notice the seller doesn't say what the tank capacity is. Maybe someone here will know.

PPS. I would assume that "5/71" is the only post-manufacture hydro stamp.

You may have trouble getting them filled in some places. I see no DOT, ICC, or TOC stamps on them which may or many not be a big deal.

They sorta look a lot like Navy 90's. Manufactured by PST out of spun 6061 aluminum (to have a low magnetic signature - as opposed to steel tanks), the fact that they lack ICC or DOT markings make it more credible that they really are Navy tanks.

Very collectible...

They sorta look a lot like Navy 90's. Manufactured by PST out of spun 6061 aluminum (to have a low magnetic signature - as opposed to steel tanks), the fact that they lack ICC or DOT markings make it more credible that they really are Navy tanks.

Very collectible...

They my be " Very collectible " but you will have a hard time getting air for them.
Nice item to gather dust in the garage.

They my be " Very collectible " but you will have a hard time getting air for them.
Nice item to gather dust in the garage.

True, true... But it would look great with your DA Aquamaster!

BTW, I have seen photos of Navy 90s in both the "no-neck" and the "necked" variety.

For a long time they were the largest tanks we could get. They are made from seamless spun aluminum pipe and had holes at both ends. One hole became the neck thread the other was plugged. It is the plug that is the problem and they can get corrosion at the plug/tank interface, when that occurs the plug blows out, which is not a nice thing to be around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom