Question Tanks for testing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi!

I am considering starting to service my own reg, ad it's an older model but is very reliable and seems to have parts (US Divers Conshelf 22). I don't own any tanks, because in my region anywhere that fills up tanks will rent them, and there are dive shops near most of my local dive sites.

My question is can I buy a cheap small tank and keep it pressurized and only use it for testing the reg? Will I have to service the tank regularly if I only want to use it for testing and not to dive with it?
TiA

you can get a tank, NP. Unless you can fill it yourself to a reasonable pressure, it will have to be serviced/certified before any LDS can fill it. If you know someone or have other means, you can get around that - but not really recommended unless you are sure of the tank.

You can always tranfer air from your main tanks to semi top it off.

But might be beyond the scope. Because it sounds like you don't own any tanks, and just rent???

How often do you intend to service one reg? And how long do you expect it to take?

Once a year, rent a cylinder just before your LDS has pool time. Service reg, basic check and break-in at home, then use the cylinder for pool time so you know that you actually got it right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom