Tank valve dip tube spinning off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's an O2-clean threadlock compound that we use at work for this exact purpose. I can't remember the name of it but could probably find out Monday...

Aside from that, cranking down the dip tube or using regular loctite (I'd want to let it dry nice & good before putting the valve back of) should work fine if you're not using the tank for anything extraordinary.

jonnythan:
I'm not sure if I'd want to mix Locktite in my breathing gas.

Is this something that's commonly done?

Scott Aviation has been spec'ing Loctite 222 and 242 in thier systems for years and I dont believe there has ever been a problem attributed to it's use.

Ken

DO yo u even need the dip tube?

WaterDawg:
DO yo u even need the dip tube?
you dont NEED it, if you hear it rattling around in your tank when you are getting ready to dive, its nothing to abort over, but it prevents you from getting whatever is inside your tank besides air from getting into your reg, and clogging it up. Especially moisture and oxidation.

Back
Top Bottom