Closed Tank Tumbler

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I want plans for a tumbler! Let's build this thing!
Not sure what you are looking for, but this one has been tumbling a lot of tanks for many many years.
upload_2021-1-15_20-37-2.png

K.I.S.S.

Not my video, but a buddy and I are setting up something similar.

There are a lot of plans out there, said and done you aren’t that far off of a used one if building like a Global Knock off.

K.I.S.S.

Not my video, but a buddy and I are setting up something similar.

Holy crap... I own that very tumbler! However, it's going pretty darn fast.

Haha, faster the better right? We ordered a slightly different (read: cheaper) unit, not sure what the top speed is. Hopefully it's geared a little bit lower.

Haha, faster the better right? We ordered a slightly different (read: cheaper) unit, not sure what the top speed is. Hopefully it's geared a little bit lower.
I was looking at similar rotary tumblers last night, wondering about weight capacity. A version made by Lyman stated 30 lbs maximum weight.

Without getting into speed issues, it seems like using these under the work load of tank tumbling would risk early motor failure. Certainly curious how the unit performs for you, it would be great to have a working tumbler for under $200.

Without getting into speed issues, it seems like using these under the work load of tank tumbling would risk early motor failure.
I've almost always added water to the media... that would be a lot of weight!

I was looking at similar rotary tumblers last night, wondering about weight capacity. A version made by Lyman stated 30 lbs maximum weight.

Without getting into speed issues, it seems like using these under the work load of tank tumbling would risk early motor failure. Certainly curious how the unit performs for you, it would be great to have a working tumbler for under $200.

Maybe I can convince the old dive buddy @stretchthepenn to do a write up once we get it going. We have probably 40 tanks between the two of us, not all will require tumbling, so it shouldn't be getting a ton of hours.

Looking for a tank tumbler located in the Northeast US. If you have one or know of one please let me know via PM.
Danny, I have a global, dual tank tumbler, with s/s drying rack, s/s washing rack, dual tank dryer, heat gun, the tumbler is mounted on 3/4" plywood so to tilt for polishing bottom of tanks. $1,000 buys package. willing to drive and meet you half way from Texas, this unit only used 6 times, Calvin

There's a spot near the neck on that tank that allows you to easily count turns. 106rpm. Almost twice what I'd want. That thing sure is tiny, though. You could store it pretty much anywhere when not in use. That's a big bonus for home gamers such as myself.

I like the idea of a tumbler build project, seems fun! Someone should start a collaboration thread in the DIY forum. We could put together a parts list for others to buy and build themselves.

Back
Top Bottom