Tank straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

builder2000

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I need a method of holding my tanks horizontal in the back of my pickup truck. are there any clamps / accessories similar to that of a nox bottle on a drag racer. Unfortunatly those bottles are 7" in diameter and a scuba tank is 7.25". I tryed it and it don't work.
Also any recommandations on a non diistructive method of holding 4 to 6 tanks on the back of my boat. I ususally use it for liesure and do not want to drill holes in the hull.

builder2000:
I need a method of holding my tanks horizontal in the back of my pickup truck. are there any clamps / accessories similar to that of a nox bottle on a drag racer. Unfortunatly those bottles are 7" in diameter and a scuba tank is 7.25". I tryed it and it don't work.
Also any recommandations on a non diistructive method of holding 4 to 6 tanks on the back of my boat. I ususally use it for liesure and do not want to drill holes in the hull.
Who's boat? Dont want to get complicated huh? I've seen a couple of different systems out there. Have you looked in the back of some dive magazines? I'll keep an eye out for this and let you know if I see something that doesn't require drilling the boat...

I just cut some 2X8 pressure treated lumber, cut out half circles to fit the tank diameter and the tank neck diameter. Made a couple of 2x8 runners and glued/doweled them in a simple rectangle. Added eylets for a ratchet strap and it's good to go. It's holes hold 6 but I have stacked 16 total and tied them all down successfully with this rig. I'll try to post a pic later if it's possible yet.

Pelican tank holder - holds 6 bottles and can either be screwed in place or bungied. For the back of truck there are foam tank holders, 2 tanks each. They don't look strong but mine have lasted for years. These will also work on the deck of your boat at the stern. Sorry I don't know the manufacturer's name. Look on web sites and you will find them - light blue in color, nearly weightless, but durable.

to stop the tanks from rolling around in your truckbed just get a couple piece of insaltion like this I like the 1" cut them to length, run an old broom handles through them use a couple of peice of rope to space them so you tanks rest on them It will look like a stretcher kindof. Then I run a ratchet strap across the tanks between two I- bolts to hold everything down. You make one cradle for each tank.
pipe.jpg

Hey I grabed one of my cradles out of my jeep to show you what I was talking about, this one i drilled holes in the ends used Knots to secure ropes but same idea.
cradel.JPG

cradeltank.JPG

hope this helps you guys out. and i should have used my shinny new Al100 for the photo this al80 is kind of beat up :)

I just use a ratchet strap and it holds all of them together, and the weight keeps it from moving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom