Tank strap advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those are what I use on my 4 bw sets and have the scuba pro version on my one BC. A good positive close that accommodates all size of tanks The fact that you can un hook the strap completely makes the on and off the tank much easier than the ones that you either un thread the strap from the buckle all the way or loosen it and slip them off the tank. They come in sets of two sets and one acts like it is more than enough to hold the tank but with 2 it isnt going to move at all.

Highlands - love/hate relationship. The pads are quite useless, and without them, they gouge your painted (Faber) tanks. I still like these.

The "ScubaPro" style: love/hate - they are not as robust as the real SP model, but are quite nice as they assemble simply. and are easy to adjust if you switch tank diameters (though the above adjust easier).

The Mini-Highlands are okay too....

I have Highland ones on my Halcyon BC and I want to change. Let's make a deal ...I want to go back to my originals..these straps have about 50 dives on them.
let me know if you want them ...cheap
Hal
email me if you want them info@hollywooddivers.com

Standard cam band on the top, SP style buckle on the lower (I have the DGX version). Works like a champ for tank changes in sporty conditions.

Do you guys think the DGX strap is better? I just want something that obviously works great but also doesn't scratch the heck out of my tanks.

No scratches? Plastic buckles or don't use em, the tanks, ever. Tanks get scratched. Fact of diving. After the first few outings you won't care. If you do get galvanized tanks. Forget painted ones.

Jim,

Its not "scratches", but literally deep chunks... I don't like the Faber tanks.... really miss Worthington/XS already..

No scratches? Plastic buckles or don't use em, the tanks, ever. Tanks get scratched. Fact of diving. After the first few outings you won't care. If you do get galvanized tanks. Forget painted ones.

The only new tanks now available in the US market are Painted tanks, all the galvanized-coated non-painted tank manufacturers are out of business or have ceased scuba tank production. The only new unpainted tanks available for sale are aluminum tanks.

Standard cam band on the top, SP style buckle on the lower (I have the DGX version). Works like a champ for tank changes in sporty conditions.

+1

This is the way to go. I tried 2, very awkward on a pitching, crowded boat. 2 standard straps are a PITA. This is a good middle ground.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom