Tank silencer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They muffle the sound of draining a cylinder for everyone's hearing comfort, instead of a load hiss. I have use them before in Cave Country. They take it from a very loud, high pitch hiss to a tolerable decible. My neighbors would probably appreciate it if I had one.:D

I would probably benefit from when when VIP time comes around, but I just bungee a towel around the valve and it does alright. Nothing like a gas powered compressor though, good lord that is loud

i have seen the bungee towel model in use. very effective. is someone trying to sell them as a kit?

i have seen the bungee towel model in use. very effective. is someone trying to sell them as a kit?

:chuckle:

One of our LDSs in Tobermory has an old first stage attached to a long LP hose that runs right to the back parking lot. It doesn't actually muffle the sound, it just moves it out back...

I made one out of a 6" length of 1.5 inch ABS pipe a couple of end caps and a BC hose adapter. I drilled holes in the ABS and stuffed the pipe with a stainless steel pot scrubber. Attach it to the BC hose and drain the tank with very little noise. I think I got the idea from somebody on SB.

This seems kind of useless to me, I would just drain the tank slower. How much longer can that really take?

A little slower for the neighbors and hearing protectors for me.

I made one out of a 6" length of 1.5 inch ABS pipe a couple of end caps and a BC hose adapter. I drilled holes in the ABS and stuffed the pipe with a stainless steel pot scrubber. Attach it to the BC hose and drain the tank with very little noise. I think I got the idea from somebody on SB.

Just don't go hooking it up to anything else! :D

pistol.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom