Tank racks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
47DA91EF-311F-496D-9F86-18BCA65A251E.jpeg
56EF3135-0E41-45CA-8739-2CF15B18AF54.jpeg
Got tired of loading tanks in and out of the cabin and having them fly all around the boat so I finally got off my ass and built some proper tank racks.

I welded up some brackets from aluminum plate and aluminum rectangular tubing and then fastened the roll Control channel to my bracket.

View attachment 639134 View attachment 639124 Got tired of loading tanks in and out of the cabin and having them fly all around the boat so I finally got off my ass and built some proper tank racks.

I welded up some brackets from aluminum plate and aluminum rectangular tubing and then fastened the roll Control channel to my bracket.

Looks nice. Now all you have to do is go and give them the “wet test”. Be safe

I had those on my boat as well...worked great...then someone brought aboard a Scubapro LP large diameter tank LOL. I also had bungees that went around them when the seas got rough

The actual plastic tank holder is adjustable to hold from a 72 to a 120. I dive with steel HP 100's and my wife dives with steel HP 80's so we are good.

I also have a davit on the boat that is not installed in the pics to pull our gear back up over the side of the boat when we come back from diving. So when we surface, we just fill our BC's and tie them off to a line hanging from the back of the boat and then we pull them up into the boat using the davit. Makes it easier to get in and out of the water and does not over stress the swim ladder we have.

Funny thing on that, the first time we were using our gear on and gear off in the water system, my wife hucked her BC, tank and regs over the side thinking she was going to jump in and put it on in the water. Thing is, she didn't hardly put any air in the BC and did not tie it off, so the entire shooting match went 100 feet straight down to the bottom in Lake Tahoe. LOL.

The actual plastic tank holder is adjustable to hold from a 72 to a 120. I dive with steel HP 100's and my wife dives with steel HP 80's so we are good.
Yeah, those are adjustable. I’ve got some of the wide diameter tanks as well as some of the standard diameter. I thought about adjusting a couple for the wides, but that would be problematic if I were to have a different group of tanks on the boat. Instead, I adjusted them in the middle. The wide tanks require a bit of force, and the standard wobble a bit, but they’ve never come loose even in rough seas. I do keep some line on the boat to secure if needed, but the only time I use the line is when I’m towing long distance with all the gear on the boat.

I also have a davit on the boat that is not installed in the pics to pull our gear back up over the side of the boat when we come back from diving. So when we surface, we just fill our BC's and tie them off to a line hanging from the back of the boat and then we pull them up into the boat using the davit. Makes it easier to get in and out of the water and does not over stress the swim ladder we have.

Do you mind showing pics of the davit? We have a strong ladder to comeback onboard, the thought of having a davit is more for emergencies or later as we age.
The plan is to be strong forever, but I get the feeling there'll be a time that coming up the ladder with gear may be too much, if everything else is doable, I won't let than stop us from diving.

Late to the party but I am a big fan of small boat diving. A davit would be heaven but until then I just ditch my gear in the water, clipped off to a line and haul it onboard after i climb the ladder. I wear a 8lb weight belt so that I don't have to lift my rig and weights over the gunnel.

1644763003193.png

I've had eight Roll Control racks on my boat for the past twelve years with no issues. I use 130s which I keep on the starboard side while Merry uses 100s on the port side. I can easily slide the racks off the aluminum runner to adjust size if needed.

Reactions: Ana
View attachment 706863

I've had eight Roll Control racks on my boat for the past twelve years with no issues. I use 130s which I keep on the starboard side while Merry uses 100s on the port side. I can easily slide the racks off the aluminum runner to adjust size if needed.
We use those too.... Actually about to replace then for new black ones, after so many years the whites ones look nasty.

PXL_20220213_155916905.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom