Tank Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheVinstigator

Registered
Reaction score
Looking to buy my first steel tanks, I have been diving AL 80`s and now realize I need more air if I intend to dive here in NJ. What tanks should I be looking for?? Faber, Worthington, Hp, Lp, 120`s, 125`s??? Average depth will be to around 100' to 130', presently I have a 30cf pony tank for emergency only, is this too much??

I think there are a few threads on this one already. It's kinda a personal choice. Some people say its hard to get a good fill with HP tanks due to the increased pressure. Others (including myself) overfill LP tanks for yet even more gas. Name brand reallt doesn't matter as I think they are both good. I dive Worthington LP 108's and typically have 246 cu ft of back gas. You'll probally be looking to get rid of the pony bottle or turn it o2 clean and use it for deco

I might be willing to part with a set of Worthington LP 108's. They have great bouyancy characteristics for cold water diving. Depending on my dive plan, I will usually sling a 30 CF pony and they trim out nicely for me.

If you're interested, I can offer you a pretty good deal. I'm in Boston so freight is probably around $20 / tank give or take a few.

As the current owner of 14 tanks (not counting ponies) I am starting to run out of space and it cost $$ to keep them up to date. Four of my 14 tanks are LP 108's so I'd like to unload a couple.

PM me if you're interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom