???tank overfilling info???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I_R_DIVER

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Ok I know It is not very "legal" or "safe" but where would one find the info if one happens to own a Faber 232bar 10L twin set and would theoretically want to overfill them say once a week to be theoretically used on Sundays. On a theoretical, nice relaxing 40m dive. I heard a rumor there is a document out there with this info. Any suggestions?:dork2: this is all theoretical of course

Last edited:
You'll be fine, just use PSI instead of BAR :rofl3:

No, really just check your burst disc first -- assuming you have one. You may need to get a bigger one otherwise you may waste a fill.

~Jeff

Try posting here.
Home

yes yes One day when I am the pearly gates that is gonna be my first question. Why oh Why was there a 120v and a 220v setting on my computers power supply. Well I feel the same way about metric and Imperial. :catfight::catfight:sorry what are we talking about.
No no burst disks SP manifold.

No no burst disks SP manifold.

Then fill it to 4000psi (or whatever that is in BAR) or until your compressor quits -- whichever comes first. Your other option is not to breathe as much.

I'd feel comfortable pumping any STEEL scuba cylinder up to 3500psi without thinking about it. If I go much higher, I prefer to dive it sooner than later instead of leaving it in my trunk.

~Jeff

one bar = 14.7 psi
232 bar = 3410 psi
300 bar = 4410

Last edited:
Does a football team take the field for a season opener without practice? Why do you send your tanks off for hydro without practice?

My steel tanks have never once been filled to less than 1000psi over working pressure since I've owned them.

one bar = 14.7 psi
232 bar = 3410 psi
300 bar = 4410
I agree with you that normal atmospheric pressure is 14.7 psi, which is what one bar is supposed to equate to, but for reasons known only to Europeans, and probably not to them either, 1 bar only equals 14.503861 psi.

so...

one bar = 14.5 psi
200 bar = 2900 psi
232 bar = 3365 psi
300 bar = 4351 psi

Back
Top Bottom