Tank net

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gator Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
I did a search to find out what a tank net
is used for but no luck. So can anyone
answer this newbie question for me. Thanks.

oh okay. i actually
just purchased a sandblasted tank, so I guess
I do not need the tank net then? right?

The best way tp prepare an Al tank for use such that new scratches in the paint aren't noticed is to roll the tank aroung on a gravel driveway prior to use.

Nah, I would not worry about it.

The nice thing about the sandblasted tanks is they look the same (still have to rinse them well) years from purchase.

MikeFerrara:
The best way tp prepare an Al tank for use such that new scratches in the paint aren't noticed is to roll the tank aroung on a gravel driveway prior to use.

I do not even want to hear your recommendations about whether a kid should wear an athletic cup or not for baseball...
:10:

Tank nets are a waste of money in my book. They just get in the way and your paint on your tank isn't going to stay nice for long with or without the net. I had one on one of my tanks and I just cut it off. I also don't bother with tank boots either except on my steel tanks that have rounded bottoms.

Scott

rmediver2002:
I do not even want to hear your recommendations about whether a kid should wear an athletic cup or not for baseball...
:10:

The cup might be a good idea. LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom