Tank markings ?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubaha

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have a tank with markings that must be from europe. The marking start with a cursive E then 1D9437 D AS 98/073323 then an A inside a U. The second line starts with 8 90 T 300bar eD16 tu/15 an octogan 98/10 tu/16 00 03 tu/15 02 Third line has 17.5KG Z 15.OL and finally DRUNKLUFT-7G 200.

I have seen pictures of the tank on Europen scuba shops web sites. The tank itself is white with a black stripe and blue N at the top of the tank.

I am hoping to find out the manufacturers name and if there is any way to get a US DOT certifcation for the tank.

Buba

Without DOT markings no commercial operation can fill them and there is now way to get them DOT certified. Be careful, they are M25 threads and a 3/4x14 will screw in but may blow out under pressure. Just use them as a door stop or wind chimes.

It seems to me that it is a 15L, 300 bar (thats 159 CUFT!!) tank. The valve on such a tank would normally be an DIN 300 bar valve..

Without DOT markings no commercial operation can fill them and there is now way to get them DOT certified. Be careful, they are M25 threads and a 3/4x14 will screw in but may blow out under pressure. Just use them as a door stop or wind chimes.

Good advice !

It seems to me that it is a 15L, 300 bar (thats 159 CUFT!!) tank. The valve on such a tank would normally be an DIN 300 bar valve..

I think 17,5kg is too light for a 300 bar 15L tank (plus I never seen such a big 300 bar bastard :)).

That's probably a 200 bar tank, 300 bar being the max test pressure. I'm looking at a Faber 200 bar one, it also says 318 bar...

To the OP, I believe it's useless in the US, unless you fill it yourself...

I think 17,5kg is too light for a 300 bar 15L tank (plus I never seen such a big 300 bar bastard :)).

That's probably a 200 bar tank, 300 bar being the max test pressure. I'm looking at a Faber 200 bar one, it also says 318 bar...

To the OP, I believe it's useless in the US, unless you fill it yourself...
Yep, youre probably right, atleast if its a steel tank.. My Faber 15L 232 bar is 18kg I think..

I was wonder what the marking mean? In the replies there are references to the 17.5kg which must be the amont of steel used to make the tank. Leadking refers to m25 theards and 3/4X14 screw. Now is this information in the markings. I also need to correct the last marking on the tank it is DRUCKLUTT-TG 200

How did you know the tread size?
Third line reveal some information thats handy..
17.5KG is the empty weight of the tank, 15L is the volume of the tank (youll be able to fill 15L of water in the tank) and the last part is the marking which says that this tank is for.
My guess is that the tank is german based on the "DRUCKLUFT" marking, 200 would be the fillpressure in BAR.
The 300 mentioned further up amongst all the other numbers would be test pressure.

A european tank thats not equipped with yoke valve is DIN.
DIN is a very specific standard, or actually its the abbreviation of a german institute "Deutches institut für normung" which can probably provide you with detailed information both about the thread size, number of revolutions the threds should have and so on..

Back
Top Bottom