tank info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*Floater*

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does anyone have a link to a page with info on different tanks out there. I'd like to ses how much they weigh in water when full and when empty. Also I'd like to see the voulme stated in both cu.ft. and liters, and I'd like to know their length and diameter.

What are the most popular tanks people use?

I'm not planning to buy tanks yet, but when I travel I'd like to know the basic characteristics so that I can estimate the weight I need until I have time for a proper buoyancy check.

*Floater*:
Does anyone have a link to a page with info on different tanks out there. I'd like to ses how much they weigh in water when full and when empty. Also I'd like to see the voulme stated in both cu.ft. and liters, and I'd like to know their length and diameter.
http://www.huronscuba.com/equipment/scubaCylinderSpecification.html

Diverlink also has a pretty good table
*Floater*:
What are the most popular tanks people use?
AL80 is the most popular due to cost. The AL80 is usually not the _best_ tank for the job. It does do many things well enough.
*Floater*:
I'm not planning to buy tanks yet, but when I travel I'd like to know the basic characteristics so that I can estimate the weight I need until I have time for a proper buoyancy check.
When traveling in the Americas, you will most often find AL80s.

Thanks Don, that link was exactly what I was looking for.

Now I just need to find out how to convert those tank capacitiess into liter notation?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom