Tank Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The HP steel 100 is probably the most versatile tank made. Your salesman sold you well!

I think you made an excellent decision for the Steel HP100? versus the Al80. Similar size outside, better buoyancy characteristics, more volume, less weight on belt. I did it the other way around - purchased Al80's because that was what I could afford then later got steel HP100. Now I have the Al80's taking up space.

You also did something that was very smart too, you bought a matched pair. This is significant because I made a mistake by buying a single HP 130 steel tank. Sure I got a deal on it but when I did the math, I'd have to convert my regs to DIN (couldn't put a Pro valve on this style tank), and I'd have to buy an identical tank if I planned on doing any 2 tank trips. It wouldn't make sense to use one Steel tank and a rental AL 80--too much gear switching. Also if I were to do any travelling by plane to dive, then I'd most assuredly be diving AL 80's so there goes the plan.

My next step is to find a good deal on a few HP 100's and take the plunge!

Thanks to all for the good insight in this thread.

I bought my steel 80 because of the compact size and because I don't have to wear any weight in my pockets. I do have a small problem that I am working on and would appreciate any suggestions. Now that it has warmed up here in the Florida Keys, I am diving in neoprene shorts and a reef shirt. I'm a slim woman, and now that I'm not in a full wetsuit, I feel like I am overweighted. Any suggestions?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom