Tank Explosion in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funny that my chiropracter is a diver and always tells me how he gets his 127 cu ft tanks over-filled to 3500 psi (I guess they are low P). I've yet to get my tanks filled to more than 3000 psi locally, so I'm amazed he manages to get 3500...

DrSteve:
Funny that my chiropracter is a diver and always tells me how he gets his 127 cu ft tanks over-filled to 3500 psi (I guess they are low P). I've yet to get my tanks filled to more than 3000 psi locally, so I'm amazed he manages to get 3500...
who needs doubles when you have that much gas!

3500 psi in a tank rated at 127 cu ft for 3000? Doesn't that mean he's sitting there with nearly 150 cu ft?

KrisB:
who needs doubles when you have that much gas!

3500 psi in a tank rated at 127 cu ft for 3000? Doesn't that mean he's sitting there with nearly 150 cu ft?
Something like that! Just imagine if you went down with doubles!

DrSteve:
Something like that! Just imagine if you went down with doubles!

I have a pair of LP Faber tanks that are rated to 3000 psi use in Europe, but in North America are only rated for 2400 psi with a plus rating to 2640. At 2400 they hold 130 cu ft of air.

If I pump them up to the European standard of 3000 psi, my twins would then contain 324.99 cu ft of air. WOO HOO, who needs a rebreather with that much gas........ :11:

pt40fathoms:
I have a pair of LP Faber tanks that are rated to 3000 psi use in Europe, but in North America are only rated for 2400 psi with a plus rating to 2640. At 2400 they hold 130 cu ft of air.

If I pump them up to the European standard of 3000 psi, my twins would then contain 324.99 cu ft of air. WOO HOO, who needs a rebreather with that much gas........ :11:

Not to hijack this thread, the same tank, same manufacturer, same metal, etc. but different governments = different ratings? That is interesting.

DiveGolfSki:
Not to hijack this thread, the same tank, same manufacturer, same metal, etc. but different governments = different ratings? That is interesting.
LOL let's just take another example...DOX...widely used in the US as a solvent for coating purposes. Banned in the rest of the world for a number of reasons!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom