Tank Cover Patterns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Namchief:
Visibility number 1 tank protection 2. Lets say you dive in fairly good visibility with a silver tank, then you dive a low visibility with the same tank I want my buddy to see me. But instead of buying a different tank you just slip one of these on. I don't sell them but I do own one.
Correct. I found this link here... which is the right shape, but no pattern. Looks like I will have to make my own...

I will post images of the final product when I get it done.

Cheers all...

jsmith89:
I'd be worried about using cloth especially cotton like material because it would hold water and after drying salt directly against the metal of the tank. Why not just keep the tank nice and bare?
My design will be removed after you are done diving. Rinse and reuse...

I'd suggest something stretchy for material. News-paper to create the pattern initially. :)

Have fun - I look forward to seeing pictures!

CBulla:
I'd suggest something stretchy for material. News-paper to create the pattern initially. :)

Have fun - I look forward to seeing pictures!
Went over to my freinds house last night and we used a newspaper to rig up the pattern. We worked on a few issues together and sized everything up with seam allowances and slight mods. Hope to have pictures in a few weeks.

Being made out of cloth, and not attached like a sticker, i can't see how your tanks straps will keep this from slipping? I have octo-grip straps, and even then, part of what keeps it from slipping is the fact that one strap is leveraged upward while the other is slightly down. In OW classes, I always had poblems with the base straps (with no grip material) unless they were wet, and even then I didn't necessarily trust them. I can't see how putting a low-friction material between the strap and the tank is going to improve anything. There are plenty of other ways to increase vsiibility, if you don't know what your buddy's fins look like, or other gear...and if you're diving right, your buddy shouldn't be getting so far away that you have to pick them out of a herd.
gomi_

Hmm. IMHO; I would think that cloth would add much hated drag. I would also be a bit worried if you had to ditch/don the system with a cloth cover over a tank. I prefer to keep all equipment in the open so that a potential problem (leak, failure) could be seen and dealt with easily. The Scuba hides are Ok, but don't take day to day beating well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom