Tank Banger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cbborromeo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking for a little DIY help from the board. I wanted to make my own tank bangers out of sugical tubing. Do you know what the standard length is for the rubber tubing?

Thanks!

Thanks for the tip, but I don't own or have access to tanks. I have turned into a travelling diver so I rent my tanks.

A standard AL80 tank is 7.25" in diameter, an AL100 is 8".

cbborromeo:
Looking for a little DIY help from the board. I wanted to make my own tank bangers out of sugical tubing. Do you know what the standard length is for the rubber tubing?

Thanks!

I have a tank banger made out of bungee cord so it stretches to fit either size tank you might get when renting. Just pull it out and let it pop the tank.. Works pretty well... Mine is ninja black. Below is one available from ScubaToys for $7.25.

tankbanger.jpg

Enjoy,

Blue Moon

I have a couple of those, too. I think that's what the OP is trying to make. And FWIW, I believe tank bangers (including the one pictured) use surgical tubing, not bungee. Bungee cord is a synonym for shock cord... bundled strands of rubber strings covered in nylon to make one springy cord.

CompuDude:
I have a couple of those, too. I think that's what the OP is trying to make. And FWIW, I believe tank bangers (including the one pictured) use surgical tubing, not bungee. Bungee cord is a synonym for shock cord... bundled strands of rubber strings covered in nylon to make one springy cord.

I believe you're right about the one pictured, but the ones that I have are bungees.....

CompuDude:

I was actually suggesting that the OP consider one like mine, made from ¼” Black Marine Grade Bungee "shock cord" as they fit different size tanks better and the big advantage is that they will not deteriorate or break like the ones made from surgical tubing IMHO...

Blue Moon

Of course, a buddy that actaully pays attention to you is a better solution than adding equipment to solve a problem that should not exist in the first place...

Roak

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom