Tampa in January?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Y'all:

I will be in Tampa the week of January 12, 2004. I would like to get in a little diving and need advise as to what is available around there that time of year.

Would Crystal River be good in January? Any other suggestions welcomed.

I'll have rental car so can drive several hours any direction.

thanks,
russ

boat dives are great as well. last time I was in tampa I went out with reef tours - really cool guys and very helpful and friendly. It's about $55 for two dives. might be a little cooler in Jan though.

Water in the springs is always 72 deg.
Water in the gulf at that time of year might be 65. Bring the right equiptment. There are tones of springs to dive in. Besides the ride to the dive sites in the gulf takes forever. You can drive to Venice beach from Tampa in about an hour. Lots to do and see there for free. Long dives too. Sharks teeth and there's a reef 200 yards off the beach.
The spring are just a short dive from Tampa as well. 3 hours to the north is Troy, on the way thee in Ginnie, Blue Grotto, devels den, manatee, royal, and a bunch of other ones. If your cavern cert. or cave there's even more to see. Post a thread before you come down I garentee you will find some one to guide you to the places. I do it often just for the fun of it and to do some dives.
Good luck
Fred:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom