Tampa Dive Shops and Instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mojostone

Registered
Reaction score
I am a California diver, but have friends. Who recently moved to Tampa, Florida and wish to become certified divers. I would appreciate recommendations for a top instructor in this area and the best dive shop.
Regards,
Mojostone

I can't speak for how good they are actually as instructors, but I was very happy with the Tackle Shack in Pinellas Park, which is just outside of tampa(sorta) I would suggest they go over and see the shop and meet the people there.

You could try Mac's. They have an store in Tampa and clearwater. They have a pool in the Clearwater store so you can practice more.

Others mention Tackle Shack, Bill Jackson's and Scuba Narcosis.

All of the above are on the Pinellas side.

A bit above Tampa on US 19 to the north is Sunny Seas Scuba. My Wife and I did our rescue class with them. Nice folks. Located specifically in New Port Richey, fl.

Go dive with Pete.. its much more fun and he's very informative. I've had 2 different classes with Pete now and have learned more in those sessions than I did at the local shop :D

Couple of shops in North Tampa / Temple Terrace area are Scuba Haven and Tampa Adventure Sports. I've been in classes in both (both are NAUI). Jim @ Scuba Haven is a good all around instructor and is very thorough. Bert @ TAS teaches up thru Cave/cavern or more, and can handle everything from a total newbie 15 year-old taking Open Water to an old-f@r7 needing a refresher after a bunch of years not diving...:wink:

Steve

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom