talc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divers2:
:confused: where can you buy talc fir dry suits

Stay away from Talc. It's becoming the next Asbestos. (talc that's mined near asbestos can contain asbestos, and talc is also a problem all by itself)

I've never used anything on my seals, and they've been just fine.

Terry

http://www.cuesight.com/sctalc.html

Got mine here. One bottle has lasted me 3 seasons. Non-scented. Very good on the seals. Highly recommended. If you have spare seals (like Zip seals) talc them up and put them in a zip lock.

Another good place is our own Bob3 - he sells it in squeeze bottles. I like his, too.

Nothing beats that first dive of the day - when the seals are freshly talc-ed and they just slip on like new! Love it.

---
Ken

why not just use seal-saver instead of talc? You don't have the mess AND your conditioning the seals everytime you get into them.

I've foregone the talc and use J&J baby shampoo for donning my dry suit.

The Kraken:
I've foregone the talc and use J&J baby shampoo for donning my dry suit.

I've also heard of people using "personal" lubricant, although I've never had the nerve to walk into the drugstore and ask for a quart bottle. :cool:

Terry

Think about the J&J is that you can use it also for mask defog, rinsing gear and it's original purpose, washing your hair.

the K

You can by unscented talc at a pharmacy. I buy a bottle about 1 time every 2 or 3 years. Works great. Just make sure you get unscented talc.

Web Monkey:
I've also heard of people using "personal" lubricant, although I've never had the nerve to walk into the drugstore and ask for a quart bottle. :cool:
Clearly, you have yet to master the black arts of the internet. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom