Talc Tip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

<<When I got my DUI CLX450, it came with a convenient sealed cloth bag of talc. I couldn't find any similar items in scuba stores.>>

Try REI or other stores that sell climbing gear. Every climber has a chalk bag, and they don't carry loose chalk, it's in a little puffball bag like that.
gomi_

I have to say that I play pool and eventually had my wife sew together a bog or me and pinned it shut with a safety pin. Just have to find the right fabric that holds/releases enough but not too much talc.

Sharky, how do you like your CLX450? I'm split between the TLS350 and the CLX450.

CD_in_Chitown:
I use an old sock filled with talc stored in a ziploc bag, is that heathanism?

I've done this exact thing for years. Ever since I bought a bulk container of talc and it came in a 35gallon drum. LOL.... I'll never run out. Friend just bought one of those lil bags for $5. I gave him a Sock full and told him he owed me a car... LOL... Think I paid $30 shipped for the bulk container.

jdelprete:
Sharky, how do you like your CLX450? I'm split between the TLS350 and the CLX450.

I love it. It's my first drysuit, so I don't have a lot to compare it to. But, it's comfortable, and dry as can be. So far, not a drop of water. (So, now I'm jinxed for sure!)

It's not an old sock, but I tried one of those "trouser socks" that are sold for women after a friend suggested I try old pantyhose to house talc. The trouser sock in a ziplock bag works great...it allows just enough talc for the seals to slide on without making a huge terrible mess.

If you add some dry rice grains to the mix it comes out a lot more evenly and doesn't clog up the cloth...socks or whatever your poison

bowlers use talc , just check any proshop

Back
Top Bottom