Taking Open Water course for the 2nd time....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hmmm, it's starting to sound as though you can equalize, and your problem is something else. Something to do with (cold?) water irritating your ears?

If this mask works for you, awesome. Still might be worth a little more digging to find the exact source of the problem.
I completely agree. It seems like my ears can only have water touching them for a good 30 mins to an hour. I dont know if that has happened to anyone else or not. I tried the pro plugs but they did not seal my ears all the way. The pro ear mask does leak a little by the nose but cleaning it every few minutes isn't a big deal. I spoke to my instructors and they seem to think if the ear cups come off at 50 feet the pressure will damage my ears. But since its equalized the same as my mask wont it still be equalized the same?

Right--I misstated. But the student is supposed to log the dive, which includes all of that, and then the instructor signs it.

And to be fair, your original post about the logbook was in response to people claiming they had no idea which skills would be performed on which dive. You correctly pointed out to them that the outline for each OW dive is right there in the logbook, which they presumably had from the start of the class.

Thanks! I will find out tonight, just not sure what to tell them so they don’t make me get a dr clearance letter
I know this is an older post but curious how the Proear mask worked out for you?

I have perforated eardrums and can’t dive without it. The hood gives extra security but it is not needed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom