Taking group of divers to asia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

barracuda

Registered
Reaction score
hi folks !!

I own and operate Barracuda Diving which is based in Goa, India and am looking to do dive trips to nearby places in asia with divers in india.

while i have been to Philippines, Indonesia and Malaysia, i am looking for a reasonably priced 10 to 14 day trip all inclusive to a destination with reasonable diving. would appreciate any one out there who can give me some tips. thanks and regards.

venkat
www.barracudadiving.com

Hi. Why not visit www.alualudivers.com for excellent and affordable diving. I am sure they can help you organized a trip for your divers. I had fun diving with them and would recommend them completely! By the way, they are located in Perhentian, Malaysia. There are about 50 dive sites for you to choose from.

barracuda:
hi folks !!

I own and operate Barracuda Diving which is based in Goa, India and am looking to do dive trips to nearby places in asia with divers in india.

while i have been to Philippines, Indonesia and Malaysia, i am looking for a reasonably priced 10 to 14 day trip all inclusive to a destination with reasonable diving. would appreciate any one out there who can give me some tips. thanks and regards.

venkat
www.barracudadiving.com

Gosh Ari, I mean Manta Girl. You sure think a lot of that place. :54:

now i'm getting curious about the outfit :2tongue:

if tioman doesn't work out next week, i just might give alualu a try :thinking:

lanun, i'd be interested to hear an 'independant' assessment of that place. Let me know if you go.

How about Thailand Phuket, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Phi Phi.

Or maybe

Labuan and Mantanani in Sabah Malaysia

Or maybe

Indonesia, Bali

Or maybe

Indonesia, Manado

Went to Labuan last year. No diving in Labuan. Simply good for just relaxing afte doing just nothing. Cheap booze and ciggies tho.

as someone said before me, thailand.

i would try to escape phuket (too crowded) but the similans and the area around koh tao are good.

as far as price goes i guess not a lot of other places offer the same rates. it must be one of the cheapest places in the world and the diving is world class.

it has the added advantage of superb food.

auddssey:

Went to Labuan last year. No diving in Labuan. Simply good for just relaxing afte doing just nothing. Cheap booze and ciggies tho.
When did you go? Monsoon season?

Anyway there are 4 wrecks in Labuan, 3 can be penetrated.

Blue Water wreck as the name implies is generally good vis. Was there a few times with a vis of 100 feet. Big fat schooling barracudas that you can get close to. Lots of critters in the hydroids and softcoral.

Cement wreck is filled with softcoral. Lots of critters and schooling barracudas. Frog fish around the mid deck. Some lobsters if you know where to look.

Australian wreck normally has poor vis, but lots of nudibranchs.

American wreck near Australian wreck also poor vis. Sometimes can get some very rare nudibranchs. Be carefull of the mines and amo, it is still live.

Some of the islands can be dived, but vis is normally not good. Great for macro.

The dive center is in Waterfront hotel run by Borneo Divers, same people who have a DC at Sipadan.

Comments on my visit to Perhentian Besar

Flora Bay ---- Although the set up was very efficient, I personally had two equipment failures when diving with them at the end of last month. One was a stuck shoulder dump valve - which stayed open!! The second was a regulator that let in alot of water at the top end.

Worse still was the fact that they only carry O2 on their boats if they go on day trips to Redang or equally farther afield. They DO NOT carry O2 to local dive sites around Besar and Kecil.

Their reason for this? The site are so close we don't need to.

I went to one of the sites to the north of Kecil with them and the return boat time was 20-25 minutes. Now come on!!! That's ridiculous. Everyone knows that if someone needs O2, they need it immediately.

Why not carry a small DAN set, they only cost a few hundred dollars or pounds. Considering the amount of divers they take out each day, I find it astonishing that they haven't set aside this small amount of money to purchase such equipment.

AluAlu Divers carry DAN sets on both boats and to every dive site. Their equipment was new. Although a smaller outfit, they were by far the better choice. If I were to do my DM, it would be with them. Small groups and very friendly instructors and dm's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom