take a look at Amer-Sea BC's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Starfish

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd like to add a recommendation to BC's.

Last night I tried on an Amer-Sea BC Wing. I found it to be very comfortable. I have not taken one in to the water, yet, but I hope to soon.

One of the features I liked was a shorter semi-ridgid "back plate" then the Zeagle Ranger while having the same features as one:

840 AMER-GUARD™ This "wings" style BCD is designed for the serious sport diver.
http://www.amer-sea.com/products/840 Guardian.htm

One of the most comfortable BCs you will ever own.

This BC can fit almost any body shape because the shoulders, jacket, cummerbund, and bladder assembly are separate components. X-Small size has no cargo pockets due to size limitation.

Your choice of three (3) different lift capacities +/- 45 lb., 55 lb., or 75 lb. All are the same cost, so select the best one for your needs.

Enjoy greater freedom of movement and no inflation squeeze because lift is behind the diver

Such a nice fit that both men and women love to dive it.

Tough 1,000 denier Cordura™ material for more durability

Welded tough steel "D" rings

Two (2) cargo pockets up front where you wanted them

Weight release pockets have zippered top openings and a large bottom flap ready to open if you ever have to dump your weights. Simply grab the easy-to-find red handle and open the pocket to dump the weights

Soft back has two (2) tank bands and an extra tank strap which may be used as a carry handle.

Inflator valve assembly with Rapid Exhaust

Low pressure hose is included

Second exhaust/dump valve is also Over pressure valve - located lower right rear.

Adjustable: Chest strap, shoulders, cummerbund, and belly band

Colors: Solid Black, or w/ shoulders in Red, Blue, Flor.Yellow, Lime, Pink, Grape

Sizes: X-Small, Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, XX-Large, XXX-Large Sizing is easy since components can be ordered individually and mixed to fit any size.

My wife likes her Guardian model (amer-sea brand). I think it is very similar to the 840 you mentioned, but the Guardian is more recreational (lighter weight material).
She got small shoulders with medium jacket & cummerbund. Fits like a glove.
happy diving,robertG

So how much d'ya think one o'these would set me back? I have a good basic BC, but I will eventually need something a little more versatile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom