Tahoe July 24th through August 2nd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am going to be vacationing in Tahoe 7/24 through 8/2 and am looking for someone, or a group to dive with. I am going to be staying on the north shore but would not mind driving down a few days for some dives.

I found this map of sites at sierradive and would appreciate any info that you locals could lend to me about where I should dive.

I also talked to Strictly Scuba about diving on the Scuba Mood on July 24th and/or 25th. Anyone been on this boat?

I am a NAUI Master/Rescue diver with all my own gear and over 100 dives. I normally dive the murky cold So Cal beaches with 2-3 foot waves so a nice calm lake seems very inviting.

Post or PM me.

PM'd you a while ago.

I'm looking to try and go next weekend the 17th and 18th but for the dates that you are up there on vacation I could come up on a Sunday morning for sure.

We dove with Mark and his crew on the Scuba Mood last weekend and had a blast. I highly recommend it!

It's so much easier to dive Tahoe from a boat. While you can get nice clear water from beach dives, diving the Rubicon Wall means lugging gear down a steep trail, followed by a long surface swim to get to the wall (and back). It's so much easier entering from a boat and having it pick you up when you surface. I've done it both ways, and the boat is absolutely the way to go. You also get to see more of the wall.

The barges in Emerald Bay are very cool, and only accessible by boat. You could dive it from a private boat, but the Scuba Mood crew did a great job of planning and leading the dive so we could see as much of it as possible. It was great fun - they're a blast to be out with!

Dive with them at least once during your trip - I think you'll be glad you did.

I am going to be vacationing in Tahoe 7/24 through 8/2 and am looking for someone, or a group to dive with. I am going to be staying on the north shore but would not mind driving down a few days for some dives.

I found this map of sites at sierradive and would appreciate any info that you locals could lend to me about where I should dive.

I also talked to Strictly Scuba about diving on the Scuba Mood on July 24th and/or 25th. Anyone been on this boat?

I am a NAUI Master/Rescue diver with all my own gear and over 100 dives. I normally dive the murky cold So Cal beaches with 2-3 foot waves so a nice calm lake seems very inviting.

Post or PM me.
here is a dive report I did shore diving rubicon point
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/norcal/290239-tahoe-6-17-09-dive-report.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom